fbpx Siding your home | BELD

Siding your home

If you are planning to have your home sided, please have your contractor contact BELD to have your electric meter and related equipment removed before any work is done on your house. A BELD employee will remove and replace the equipment for a small service charge. Because your electric meter is BELD property, only BELD personnel are authorized to remove it.

BELD recommends contacting the Town of Braintree Department of Municipal Licenses & Inspection - Building Division before contacting us to determine if you need a building permit prior to removal of siding and our electric meter. In some cases residents are required to apply for a permit prior to equipment removal, the building department will be able to let you know what is needed.

Town of Braintree Department of Municipal Licenses & Inspection - 
Building Division 
1 JFK Memorial Drive, Braintree, MA 02184
Fax: 781-794-8022